The Tour de France 1954
- MP4 (360x288, sd 39.0 MB): 09/680933.9142.WEEKNUMMER542-HRE0000[..].mp4
- MP4 (720x576, hd 69.6 MB): 09/680936.9142.WEEKNUMMER542-HRE0000[..].mp4
- MP4 (320x240, sd 39.5 MB): 09/9153.9142.BG_8337.mp4
- WEBM (360x288, sd 35.9 MB): 09/680939.9142.WEEKNUMMER542-HRE000[..].webm
- OGV (384x288, sd 16.7 MB): 09/680927.9142.WEEKNUMMER542-HRE0000[..].ogv
- OGV (720x576, hd 73.7 MB): 09/680930.9142.WEEKNUMMER542-HRE0000[..].ogv
- OGV (320x240, sd 29.7 MB): 09/9147.9142.BG_8337.ogv
- OGV (352x288, hd 56.9 MB): 09/9150.9142.BG_8337.ogv
- MPG (720x576, source 52.0 MB): 09/9142.WEEKNUMMER542-HRE00003D50_28[..].mp4
Week number: 54-28
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
Preparations for the Tour de France in the Olympic Stadium, with a.o. Jean Garnault, secretary-general of the Tour and Jacques Goddet, director-general of the Tour, in their offices and mechanics with bicycle frames. A day before the race starts Wout Wagtmans (by car) and Louison Bobet, winner of 1953, check out the stadium. The cyclists Jan Nolten and Gerrit Voorting are medically examined by dr. Tetzner. The next day the Swiss cyclers Kübler and Hugo Koblet and the Dutch team (Hein van Breenen, Nico van Est, Henk Faanhof, Jules Maenen, Thijs Roks, Wagtmans, Volten, Voorting and Van Est) are ready for the ceremonial start. Goddet is leaning against a car while mayor D'Ailly is standing amidst the Belgian cyclers and cuts a ribbon. Wim van Est leads the Dutch team out of the stadium, team captain Kees Pellenaars follows by car. During the ride from the stadium to the Sloterweg, the location of the offical start, the cyclers are cheered on by the citizens of Amsterdam. Via Haarlem and Noordwijk the ride goes to The Hague. Before Scheveningen Koblet is able to escape the pack for a short while. Via Rotterdam, where the team captains hand out food packages, and Dordrecht the cyclers go to the Moerdijk bridge. In Brabant Wout Wagtmans manages to get a lead, but at the border he's accompanied by 20 cyclers. In Brasschaat Wagtmans finishes first after which he's embraced by Pellenaars and puts on the yellow jersey.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 7 July 1954