Railway connection North-South ready
- MP4 (352x288, sd 13.1 MB): 01/32/132748.132735.WEEKNUMMER471-HR[..].mp4
- MP4 (352x288, hd 24.6 MB): 01/32/132750.132735.WEEKNUMMER471-HR[..].mp4
- WEBM (352x288, sd 12.3 MB): 01/32/132752.132735.WEEKNUMMER471-H[..].webm
- OGV (384x288, sd 4.5 MB): 01/32/132744.132735.WEEKNUMMER471-HR[..].ogv
- OGV (352x288, hd 11.4 MB): 01/32/132746.132735.WEEKNUMMER471-HR[..].ogv
- MPG (352x288, source 15.0 MB): 01/32/132735.WEEKNUMMER471-HRE0000DF66.mpg
Week number 47-17
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
In the Second World War the railway bridges over the Waal and the Meuse were destroyed and the direct railway connection between Northern and Southern Netherlands was broken, as a result of which people had to transfer to buses. Now the last bridge, in Hedel, is repaired and is festively inaugurated. SHOTS: - layout of the railway connection Utrecht - Den Bosch on a topographic map; - railway bridges at Zaltbommel and Hedel: in destroyed and repaired state - old situation: electric diesel train arrives at station Geldermalsen, passenger step out of the train, go in buses (trucks with trailers), the buses pass a ship with pontoons and deliver people at the at the station of Den Bosch; the people continue the journey by steam train; - Steam train passes a railway bridge at Hedel, including shots from the moving train during the passage of the bridge.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 19 April 1947