Turkish dance, Ella Lola
- WEBM (432x288, sd 4.0 MB): 99/99831.99814.Turkish_Dance_Ella_Lola.webm
- OGV (384x288, sd 1993.2 kB): 99/99823.99814.Turkish_Dance_Ella_Lola.ogv
- OGV (720x480, hd 6.8 MB): 99/99825.99814.Turkish_Dance_Ella_Lola.ogv
- MP4 (432x288, sd 4.1 MB): 99/99827.99814.Turkish_Dance_Ella_Lola.mp4
- MP4 (720x480, hd 7.8 MB): 99/99829.99814.Turkish_Dance_Ella_Lola.mp4
- MOV (720x480, source 8.2 MB): 99/99814.Turkish_Dance_Ella_Lola.mov
Film from the Paper Print Collection of the Library of Congress.
A young, dark-haired woman performs a period "Oriental" dance (commonly known as a belly dance) with some Turkish styling. She performs distinctive dance movements that include shoulder shimmies with pelvic movements and several foot patterns, side traveling movements with pelvic circles, a slow pelvic circle and a front pelvic lock, and paddle turns with various arm gestures. Her dance costume consists of a two-layered skirt to the knee, a hip belt with fringe, a chemise-like shirt under a fitted vest, several layers of necklaces and front decoration, white stockings, white--perhaps ballet--shoes, and a glittering fitted cap.
Apparently filmed in Edison's "Black Maria" studio in West Orange, New Jersey.
See also the entry for this film on the Library of Congress American Memory website
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Publication date:
- 7 October 1898