Latina, dislocation act
- MP4 (432x288, sd 5.9 MB): 99/99425.99410.Latina_Dislocation_Act.mp4
- MP4 (720x480, hd 10.7 MB): 99/99427.99410.Latina_Dislocation_Act.mp4
- WEBM (432x288, sd 5.4 MB): 99/99429.99410.Latina_Dislocation_Act.webm
- OGV (720x480, hd 5.0 MB): 99/99423.99410.Latina_Dislocation_Act.ogv
- OGV (384x288, sd 949.1 kB): 99/99421.99410.Latina_Dislocation_Act.ogv
- MOV (720x480, source 8.0 MB): 99/99410.Latina_Dislocation_Act.mov
Film from the Paper Print Collection of the Library of Congress.
Opens with a repeat of the last scene in "Latina, contortionist." In a medium shot from the bust up, Latina faces the camera and interlaces her fingers with her arms held out in front of her, palms towards the camera and elbows pointed out. In that position, she raises her arms over and behind her head and then down her back, dislocating her shoulders in order to achieve that motion. She then turns her back to the camera, with her hands still locked behind her, and slowly brings her locked arms up and over her head; the viewer can clearly see her shoulder joints dislocate in the process. She turns back to face the camera as her arms continue to return to their starting position in front of her. Latina closes by unlacing her fingers and spreading her arms with a flourish.
Filmed Nov. 15, 1905, in the Biograph New York City studio.
See also the entry for this film on the Library of Congress American Memory website
- American Mutoscope and Biograph Company
- 21 november 1905