The 10th ElfstedentochtEdit
- MP4 (360x288, sd 45.8 MB): 09/770422.9550.WEEKNUMMER540-HRE0000[..].mp4
- MP4 (720x576, hd 85.4 MB): 09/770425.9550.WEEKNUMMER540-HRE0000[..].mp4
- WEBM (720x576, hd 44.0 MB): 09/770428.9550.WEEKNUMMER540-HRE000[..].webm
- OGV (720x576, hd 68.2 MB): 09/770419.9550.WEEKNUMMER540-HRE0000[..].ogv
- OGV (384x288, sd 14.2 MB): 09/770416.9550.WEEKNUMMER540-HRE0000[..].ogv
- MPG (720x576, source 59.1 MB): 09/9550.WEEKNUMMER540-HRE00003F94_14[..].mp4
Week number: 54-06
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
The tenth Elfstedentocht (journey of eleven cities, a skating marathon in Friesland) with footage of the departure of the competitive skaters, the leading group of about twenty men at the checkpoints in Staveren, Hindeloopen (a.o. Klaas Schipper) and Bolsward, the leading group of 6 men (Jan Charisius, Jeen van den Berg, Jeen Nauta, Aad de Koning, Anton Verhoeven and Lefferstra) at the checkpoint in Franeker and the turn near Bartlehiem. The finish in Leeuwarden, where Jeen van den Berg eventually finishes first in the record time of 7 hours and 35 minutes and is honoured as the winner. Also footage of the (departure of) the non-competative skaters.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 1 February 1954