New machine for the production of concrete building elements
- MP4 (352x288, sd 15.5 MB): 79/79451.79438.WEEKNUMMER491-HRE00016B6C.mp4
- MP4 (352x288, hd 29.8 MB): 79/79453.79438.WEEKNUMMER491-HRE00016B6C.mp4
- WEBM (352x288, sd 14.9 MB): 79/79455.79438.WEEKNUMMER491-HRE000[..].webm
- OGV (384x288, sd 4.3 MB): 79/79447.79438.WEEKNUMMER491-HRE00016B6C.ogv
- OGV (352x288, hd 10.3 MB): 79/79449.79438.WEEKNUMMER491-HRE00016B6C.ogv
- MPG (352x288, source 18.2 MB): 79/79438.WEEKNUMMER491-HRE00016B6C.mpg
Week number 49-16
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
To solve the housing problem in the Netherlands, houses are being built on a large scale. The method of prefabrication is used more and more (with standardized, prefabricated concrete building elements). These prefabricated elements are made with pneumatic hand tampers which the workers use to stamp the concrete into special moulds. A factory in Maarssen now has a machine that does this work fully automatically. The Minister of Postwar Reconstruction and Housing, mr. J. in 't Veld, has come to officially put the machine into use. SHOTS: - workers busy with prefabrication; - workers produce building elements manually in a workshop; - In 't Veld presses the start button; several ext. shots of the machines during the production, the removal of the finished building elements and the storing at a storage site.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 1 April 1949