- WEBM (352x288, sd 18.0 MB): 78/78373.78356.WEEKNUMMER475-HRE000[..].webm
- OGV (384x288, sd 8.1 MB): 78/78365.78356.WEEKNUMMER475-HRE0001C368.ogv
- OGV (352x288, hd 17.5 MB): 78/78367.78356.WEEKNUMMER475-HRE0001C368.ogv
- MP4 (352x288, sd 18.0 MB): 78/78369.78356.WEEKNUMMER475-HRE0001C368.mp4
- MP4 (352x288, hd 34.2 MB): 78/78371.78356.WEEKNUMMER475-HRE0001C368.mp4
- MPG (352x288, source 21.9 MB): 78/78356.WEEKNUMMER475-HRE0001C368.mpg
Week number 47-52
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
A lot of wood for the production of paper has to be imported from abroad because of the paper shortage. Because a lot of used paper is just thrown away in the Netherlands, used paper also has to be imported on top of that. To save money the Dutch government has started a used paper campaign for the Dutch youth. The campaign has the name JAPI (Jeugd Actie Papierinzameling, Youth Action Paper Collection). The boys and girls collect used paper and drop it off at their school. Traders sort the collected paper and press it into bales. In the paper factories these are then used to make new paper.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 1 December 1947