Handing over of the first electric locomotive build in the Netherlands
- WEBM (360x288, sd 18.7 MB): 78/78266.78249.WEEKNUMMER514-HRE000[..].webm
- OGV (384x288, sd 7.0 MB): 78/78258.78249.WEEKNUMMER514-HRE0000[..].ogv
- OGV (720x576, hd 30.4 MB): 78/78260.78249.WEEKNUMMER514-HRE0000[..].ogv
- MP4 (360x288, sd 19.4 MB): 78/78262.78249.WEEKNUMMER514-HRE0000[..].mp4
- MP4 (720x576, hd 35.2 MB): 78/78264.78249.WEEKNUMMER514-HRE0000[..].mp4
- MPG (720x576, source 26.9 MB): 78/78249.WEEKNUMMER514-HRE0000E8C9_2[..].mp4
Week number 51-48
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
Two industrial companies from the Netherlands, Werkspoor in Utrecht and Heemaf in Hengelo, are building electrical locomotives for the Nederlandse Spoorwegen (NS, Dutch Railways). Shots of the construction of a locomotive from 1200 series and shots of the offical test drive in the presence of the NS managment. SHOTS: - The chassis of a locomotive under construction in a Werkspoor assembly hall; workers work on the completion: the driver's cabins are fitted; the frames of the upper part are welded; steel sheets are attached; - other workers work on the undercarriages: heavy Heemaf electric motors are lowered in the undercarriage and assembled; - a completely pre-assembled electrical switch box is hoisted and lowered into the internal part of the locomotive, after which the mechanics connect wires and cables; - front view of two finished locomotives; painters work on the cabin of one of them; - a finished new locomotive, no. 1201, decorated with flowers slowly drives out of the assembly hall through a ribbon; - several shots of and from the train during the test drive: the locomotive with carriages decorated with flags drives across the tracks at high speed; the engine driver is in the driver's cabin; behind the windows the tracks, railway embankment and overhead wire pass by; 01:29 F.Q. den Hollander, chairman of the NS, enters the locomotive.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 1 November 1951