Moons from Eindhoven, marathon race champion of 1950
- MP4 (320x240, sd 13.0 MB): 55/55941.55927.WEEKNUMMER503-HRE0000D6B9.mp4
- MP4 (360x288, sd 12.1 MB): 55/661383.55927.WEEKNUMMER503-HRE000[..].mp4
- MP4 (720x576, hd 24.1 MB): 55/661386.55927.WEEKNUMMER503-HRE000[..].mp4
- WEBM (360x288, sd 12.1 MB): 55/661389.55927.WEEKNUMMER503-HRE00[..].webm
- OGV (720x576, hd 26.4 MB): 55/55938.55927.WEEKNUMMER503-HRE0000[..].ogv
- OGV (384x288, sd 5.7 MB): 55/661380.55927.WEEKNUMMER503-HRE000[..].ogv
- OGV (320x240, sd 4.4 MB): 55/55935.55927.WEEKNUMMER503-HRE0000D6B9.ogv
- MPG (720x576, source 17.6 MB): 55/55927.WEEKNUMMER503-HRE0000D6B9_2[..].mp4
Week number 50-30
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
27 athletes start from the Nenijto track in Rotterdam for the Dutch marathon race championship. The runners leave the race track and run on streets and country roads on a track that leads a.o. via Gouda, Nieuwerkerk, Moordrecht and the turning point in Zevenhuizen back to the Nenijto track. During the race different leading groups form: first Westerhof (no. 20) and Van Bovene lead; later on De Groot, Van Rijn, Moons and Van den Berg are in the lead. From this group a new leading group forms with Moons (no. 9) and Van Rijn (no. 5). Both men have the same pace for a while, until Van Rijn falls back and Moons gets the change to increase his lead. Because he is now so far ahead, he is able to have a cool drink before going on his way again. He eventually finishes in Rotterdam.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 23 July 1950