American pilot thanks helpers in The Hague
- MP4 (320x240, sd 14.9 MB): 25/25403.25389.WEEKNUMMER491-HRE0001B7BF.mp4
- MP4 (360x288, sd 14.2 MB): 25/743150.25389.WEEKNUMMER491-HRE000[..].mp4
- MP4 (720x576, hd 27.2 MB): 25/743153.25389.WEEKNUMMER491-HRE000[..].mp4
- WEBM (720x576, hd 14.8 MB): 25/743156.25389.WEEKNUMMER491-HRE00[..].webm
- OGV (352x288, hd 15.0 MB): 25/25400.25389.WEEKNUMMER491-HRE0001B7BF.ogv
- OGV (384x288, sd 3.6 MB): 25/743144.25389.WEEKNUMMER491-HRE000[..].ogv
- OGV (720x576, hd 18.8 MB): 25/743147.25389.WEEKNUMMER491-HRE000[..].ogv
- OGV (320x240, sd 6.2 MB): 25/25397.25389.WEEKNUMMER491-HRE0001B7BF.ogv
- MPG (720x576, source 20.6 MB): 25/25389.WEEKNUMMER491-HRE0001B7BF_2[..].mp4
Week number 49-12
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
During World War II several persons in Breda offered there help to the allied pilots that were stranded. One of these pilots has now send a supply of cigarettes as a thank-you. The American ambassador, dr. H. Baruch, hands them out. SHOTS: - ext. and int. of the hiding-places of pilotes and other rooms that were used by the Dutch resistance; - Dutch militairy policeman shows the border post where he handed over pilots to the Belgian underground during the war; - the cigarettes are handed out by Baruch in the town hall in the presence of mayor C.A. Prinsen; - one of the pilot helpers, mrs. Überfeld, receives flowers from Baruch.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 1 March 1949