Opening of the Dutch War Museum in Overloon
- MP4 (360x288, sd 6.6 MB): 24/743206.24873.WEEKNUMMER462-HRE000[..].mp4
- MP4 (720x576, hd 12.5 MB): 24/743209.24873.WEEKNUMMER462-HRE000[..].mp4
- MP4 (320x240, sd 7.8 MB): 24/24886.24873.WEEKNUMMER462-HRE0001392F.mp4
- WEBM (720x576, hd 8.2 MB): 24/743212.24873.WEEKNUMMER462-HRE00[..].webm
- OGV (720x576, hd 11.7 MB): 24/743203.24873.WEEKNUMMER462-HRE000[..].ogv
- OGV (320x240, sd 4.8 MB): 24/24880.24873.WEEKNUMMER462-HRE0001392F.ogv
- OGV (352x288, hd 9.9 MB): 24/24883.24873.WEEKNUMMER462-HRE0001392F.ogv
- OGV (384x288, sd 2.7 MB): 24/743200.24873.WEEKNUMMER462-HRE000[..].ogv
- MPG (720x576, source 10.4 MB): 24/24873.WEEKNUMMER462-HRE0001392F_2[..].mp4
Week number 46-23
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
In September 1944 the 3rd British Infantry Division engaged in a fierce battle against the Germans near Overloon. As a lasting memory of the liberation of our country, a permanent exhibition is openend in the woods of this former battleground: the War Museum. SHOTS: - on a symbolic grave, situated on a hill and adorned by a large cross and flags, girls in white dresses lay flowers and wreaths, led by a chaplain; militaity and civilian authorities look on; - on the façade of the museum a commemorative plaque is unveiled; - authorities take a tour of the museum and look a.o. at firearms and ammunition; 00:11 and 00:34 Minister of Foreign Affairs L.J.M. Beel (with glasses); 00:11 mayor of Overloon, A. Jans.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 25 May 1946