British children visit the graves of their fallen fathersEdit
- MP4 (360x288, sd 9.4 MB): 20/743995.20305.WEEKNUMMER551-HRE000[..].mp4
- MP4 (720x576, hd 19.7 MB): 20/743998.20305.WEEKNUMMER551-HRE000[..].mp4
- WEBM (720x576, hd 12.1 MB): 20/744001.20305.WEEKNUMMER551-HRE00[..].webm
- OGV (384x288, sd 4.0 MB): 20/743989.20305.WEEKNUMMER551-HRE000[..].ogv
- OGV (720x576, hd 18.2 MB): 20/743992.20305.WEEKNUMMER551-HRE000[..].ogv
- MPG (720x576, source 15.6 MB): 20/20305.WEEKNUMMER551-HRE0000CF29_1[..].mp4
Week number 55-17
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
Children of British soldiers who have died in WW II arive at Schiphol airport. The British ambassador sir Paul Mason welcomes them. The children lay a wreath at the war monument Jan van Hooff near the Waalbrug (Waal bridge) in Nijmegen. They visit the graves of their fathers on the British militairy burial ground Jonkerbosch and attend a memorial service.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 16 April 1955