New revolutionary tool for the blindEdit
- MP4 (352x288, sd 18.2 MB): 01/49/149431.149420.WEEKNUMMER760-HR[..].mp4
- MP4 (352x288, hd 34.6 MB): 01/49/149433.149420.WEEKNUMMER760-HR[..].mp4
- WEBM (352x288, sd 18.4 MB): 01/49/149435.149420.WEEKNUMMER760-H[..].webm
- OGV (384x288, sd 5.0 MB): 01/49/149427.149420.WEEKNUMMER760-HR[..].ogv
- OGV (352x288, hd 12.1 MB): 01/49/149429.149420.WEEKNUMMER760-HR[..].ogv
- MPG (352x288, source 22.8 MB): 01/49/149420.WEEKNUMMER760-HRE00020B7C.mpg
Week number 76-06
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
By means of the 'optacon' blind people can read printed text by touch. A miniature camera scans the pages, this is converted into electronic vibrations felt through 144 pens through which blind people can feel the letters. SHOTS: blind child reads braille and reads a piece in an encyclopedia using optacon; close up of the optacon.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 1 January 1976