Experiments with the Flettner rotor
- WEBM (352x288, sd 9.4 MB): 01/48/148290.148273.BG_28300.webm
- OGV (384x288, sd 1750.7 kB): 01/48/148282.148273.BG_28300.ogv
- OGV (352x288, hd 4.4 MB): 01/48/148284.148273.BG_28300.ogv
- MP4 (352x288, sd 9.3 MB): 01/48/148286.148273.BG_28300.mp4
- MP4 (352x288, hd 17.7 MB): 01/48/148288.148273.BG_28300.mp4
- MPG (352x288, source 11.2 MB): 01/48/148273.BG_28300.mpg
Week number 25-05
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
The Flettner rotor consists of a vertical rotating cylinder, which uses wind to achieve an ongoing movement, e.g. to let a ship sail. Close up of experimental set-up on a table, where a rotating cylinder is placed near a wind machine and a rectilinear movement is achieved, various shots, 16 "+ 21". Drawn animation of the principle, 26 ".
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 16 February 1925