Lord Beveridge is awarded an honorary doctorate in economics in Rotterdam
- WEBM (352x288, sd 15.6 MB): 01/41/141253.141235.WEEKNUMMER464-H[..].webm
- OGV (384x288, sd 4.9 MB): 01/41/141245.141235.WEEKNUMMER464-HR[..].ogv
- OGV (352x288, hd 13.5 MB): 01/41/141247.141235.WEEKNUMMER464-HR[..].ogv
- MP4 (352x288, sd 16.1 MB): 01/41/141249.141235.WEEKNUMMER464-HR[..].mp4
- MP4 (352x288, hd 30.5 MB): 01/41/141251.141235.WEEKNUMMER464-HR[..].mp4
- MPG (352x288, source 18.9 MB): 01/41/141235.WEEKNUMMER464-HRE000139E2.mpg
Week number 46-49
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
The University College for Economics in Rotterdam awards the English economist, Lord W. Beveridge, the head of the University College in Oxford with an honorary doctorate. Attending the ceremony are a.o. the Minister of Finance, mr. P. Lieftinck. The rector, prof. mr. C.W. de Vries, delivers a speech; the doctoral advisor, prof. mr. J.G. Koopmans, hands over the doctorate degree certificate. Beveridge gives his gratitude with a short speech. SHOTS: - ext. University College; - int. auditorium: present audience stands up; a small procession, consisting of the doctoral candidate and professors in full regalia preceded by the beadle enter the hall; - speech by De Vries, handing over of the doctorate degree certificate; word of thanks; alternated with shots of the audience; 01:25 Lieftinck (right, glasses, folded hands); 01:40 English ambassador, sir Neville Bland (right).
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 28 November 1946