Early strawberries because of irradiation with neon light
- WEBM (352x288, sd 11.4 MB): 01/41/141219.141202.WEEKNUMMER360-H[..].webm
- OGV (384x288, sd 3.9 MB): 01/41/141210.141202.WEEKNUMMER360-HR[..].ogv
- OGV (352x288, hd 9.2 MB): 01/41/141212.141202.WEEKNUMMER360-HR[..].ogv
- MP4 (352x288, sd 12.1 MB): 01/41/141214.141202.WEEKNUMMER360-HR[..].mp4
- MP4 (352x288, hd 22.6 MB): 01/41/141216.141202.WEEKNUMMER360-HR[..].mp4
- MPG (352x288, source 13.8 MB): 01/41/141202.WEEKNUMMER360-HRE00018B0D.mpg
Week number 36-07
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
Experiments on the effect of different types of light sources on the growth of hothouse plants in winter show that neon light gives the best results, for example with strawberries. The experiments are done by dr. J.W.M. Roodenburg in the laboratory for horticulture of the Landbouwhogeschool (Agricultural University) in Wageningen. SHOTS: ext. research institute; Roodenburg and assistent execute several activities in the laboratory, a.o. determining the average weight of strawberries that were irradiated with neon light; shots from a greenhouse that show that strawberries irradiated with neon are larger than strawberries that have not been irradiated or have been irradiated with different light sources; a boy eats a sandwich.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 4 February 1936