Electrification of the lines Zwolle-Leeuwarden and Meppel-Groningen
- MP4 (352x288, hd 32.3 MB): 01/39/139991.139766.WEEKNUMMER522-HR[..].mp4
- MP4 (352x288, sd 17.2 MB): 01/39/139989.139766.WEEKNUMMER522-HR[..].mp4
- WEBM (352x288, sd 16.4 MB): 01/39/139993.139766.WEEKNUMMER522-H[..].webm
- OGV (384x288, sd 5.3 MB): 01/39/139985.139766.WEEKNUMMER522-HR[..].ogv
- OGV (352x288, hd 12.6 MB): 01/39/139987.139766.WEEKNUMMER522-HR[..].ogv
- MPG (352x288, source 19.9 MB): 01/39/139766.WEEKNUMMER522-HRE00016225.mpg
Week number 52-21
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
After the war the railways in the Netherlands found themselves in a poor state and they immediately started with the restoration. The electrification of the Dutch railway network thereby primarily aimed at restoring the prewar situation. Thereafter, there was also worked on further expansion. The lines Zwolle-Leeuwarden and Meppel-Groningen are added to the already existing electrified lines. An electric train, carrying management of the Dutch Railways and invitees, makes the first official ride on the new lines. SHOTS:- on a railway in the countryside, just after the war, destroyed overhead wires hang from the portals down on the rails; - through animation the expanding electrification is mapped on a topographical map of the Netherlands; - an electric locomotive, pulling several carriages behind him, leaves the station in Zwolle; - various shots in and from the int. of the train during the ride to Leeuwarden, the engine driver sits in the cabin; in Meppel there are many people standing besides the railways looking at the train passing a railway bridge; in Akkrum ladies, in Frisian traditional costumes and with gift baskets, step in; rails, railways and landscapes flash by; int. station Leeuwarden during the arrival; - various similar shots when entering station Groningen; lot of public interest along the railway, on the viaduct and the station, int. station; - train passing a railway crossing in the countryside.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 1 May 1952