Construction lottery "Joods Invalide"
- WEBM (352x288, sd 52.1 MB): 01/31/131273.131256.WEEKNUMMER241-H[..].webm
- OGV (384x288, sd 21.4 MB): 01/31/131265.131256.WEEKNUMMER241-HR[..].ogv
- OGV (352x288, hd 54.3 MB): 01/31/131267.131256.WEEKNUMMER241-HR[..].ogv
- MP4 (352x288, sd 52.3 MB): 01/31/131269.131256.WEEKNUMMER241-HR[..].mp4
- MP4 (352x288, hd 99.4 MB): 01/31/131271.131256.WEEKNUMMER241-HR[..].mp4
- MPG (352x288, source 62.4 MB): 01/31/131256.WEEKNUMMER241-HRE0001C99A.mpg
Week number 24-17
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
Impression of the lottery that was organised for the benefit of the nursing and rest home De Joodse Invalide (The Jewish Invalid) in Amsterdam. Shots: int. (unclear, with suitcases) and ext. of Amsterdam canal side house; group of Jewish men (board, organisers ?) listen to the explanation of a man (also close up) + pan of the company, among them J. Davids (close up, talking 13") and Harry Elte, architect of the building (in the middle of the company 15"); overview shots of De Joodse Invalide under construction with a group of men 16"; sale of lottery tickets on the streets by a.o. a woman + handing out and picking up of prizes at the local shops; a lot of hand shaking; busy shots in the Jewish neighbourhood (also present in the crowd of people: rabbi de Hond, founder of the home), close ups of mr. Stom, director of the Krasnapolsky (14" from 05:51), and of Piet Laenhouts (4" from 05:11) in a car, surrounded by people.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 22 June 1924