How does an iron lung work?
- WEBM (352x288, sd 12.5 MB): 01/31/131158.131141.WEEKNUMMER393-H[..].webm
- OGV (384x288, sd 2.6 MB): 01/31/131150.131141.WEEKNUMMER393-HR[..].ogv
- OGV (352x288, hd 5.5 MB): 01/31/131152.131141.WEEKNUMMER393-HR[..].ogv
- MP4 (352x288, sd 13.2 MB): 01/31/131154.131141.WEEKNUMMER393-HR[..].mp4
- MP4 (352x288, hd 25.2 MB): 01/31/131156.131141.WEEKNUMMER393-HR[..].mp4
- MPG (352x288, source 15.6 MB): 01/31/131141.WEEKNUMMER393-HRE000276BC.mpg
Week number 39-37
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
A demonstration of the operation of an "iron lung" in a hospital in Nijmegen. In this machine the respiration is artifcially established by compression and decompression of the torso. SHOTS: - physician rotates the "iron lung" and opens the door of the machine, after which a nurse places a young patient in the machine; - the shut off valve is placed over the head and a pillow is put under the head, after which the physician closes the machine; - a pump that establishes compression and decompression; - physician adjusts the pressure; - pressure meter; - young patient look into the camera via a mirror above the head.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 11 September 1939