The Netherlands has its first oil railway
- WEBM (352x288, sd 10.1 MB): 01/28/128846.128829.WEEKNUMMER465-H[..].webm
- OGV (384x288, sd 3.6 MB): 01/28/128837.128829.WEEKNUMMER465-HR[..].ogv
- OGV (352x288, hd 8.9 MB): 01/28/128840.128829.WEEKNUMMER465-HR[..].ogv
- MP4 (352x288, sd 10.0 MB): 01/28/128842.128829.WEEKNUMMER465-HR[..].mp4
- MP4 (352x288, hd 19.3 MB): 01/28/128844.128829.WEEKNUMMER465-HR[..].mp4
- MPG (352x288, source 12.4 MB): 01/28/128829.WEEKNUMMER465-HRE000139CC.mpg
Week number 46-52
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
The petroleum which is extracted in Schoonebeek in Drente is up to now transported to the refineries by car or ship. Now there is constructed a special railway on which the oil can be transported. SHOTS: - moving train with tank wagons, among others a bare landscape; - dolly shots from the moving train; - derrick with nodding donkey (pump); - tankers transport the oil from the derrick to a rail gateway where the oil is pumped into tank wagons.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Nederlands Instituut voor Beeld en Geluid (curator)
- Publication date:
- 22 December 1946