Electrification of the railroad network, the Miljoenenlijntje (millions line) open for passenger transport again
- WEBM (352x288, sd 11.5 MB): 01/28/128739.128723.WEEKNUMMER491-H[..].webm
- OGV (384x288, sd 2.9 MB): 01/28/128731.128723.WEEKNUMMER491-HR[..].ogv
- OGV (352x288, hd 6.9 MB): 01/28/128733.128723.WEEKNUMMER491-HR[..].ogv
- MP4 (352x288, sd 11.9 MB): 01/28/128735.128723.WEEKNUMMER491-HR[..].mp4
- MP4 (352x288, hd 22.6 MB): 01/28/128737.128723.WEEKNUMMER491-HR[..].mp4
- MPG (352x288, source 13.9 MB): 01/28/128723.WEEKNUMMER491-HRE0001C2D6.mpg
Week number 49-19
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
00:00 Electrification. Report of one of the last steam train trips from Eindhoven to Maastricht. What has changed along the route and what kind of preparatory work is done regarding the upcoming electrification of the route is visualised: steel railway bridges and overhead wires have been constructed, in the war destroyed stations reconstructed; platforms are heigtened (electric trains are higher on their wheels); substations built with transformers and insulators; 01:19 Miljoenenlijntje (millions line). The single railway connection between Heerlen and Simpelveld runs through very hilly terrain and owes his name to the fact that the construction costed one million gulden per kilometre because of the many railway embankments and viaducts that had to be built. A steam train is now followed with the camera on his ride on the line and the various embankments, viaducts and the environment are visualised. The line was recently used only for transportation of coal, as passenger transport didn't pay off. Now, at the request of the mayors, it's taken trial again for passenger transport. The intermediate stations are therefore restored.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Nederlands Instituut voor Beeld en Geluid (curator)
- Publication date:
- 26 April 1949