Lydia (in Bits and in Pieces)
- MP4 (432x288, sd 21.3 MB): 01/25/125016.125002.Eye_2_-_Bits&[..].mp4
- MP4 (720x480, hd 39.5 MB): 01/25/125018.125002.Eye_2_-_Bits&[..].mp4
- WEBM (432x288, sd 19.7 MB): 01/25/125020.125002.Eye_2_-_Bits&am[..].webm
- OGV (720x480, hd 19.9 MB): 01/25/125014.125002.Eye_2_-_Bits&[..].ogv
- OGV (432x288, sd 5.3 MB): 01/25/125012.125002.Eye_2_-_Bits&[..].ogv
- WMV (720x480, source 24.2 MB): 01/25/125002.Eye_2_-_Bits&Pieces.wmv
On a fog-drenched November morning, the Ostia Antica pushes off from the port of Genoa, bound for Buenos Aires. The year is 1902.
Taken from a work of fiction titled The Hand of Yemanja by Claudio Tapia, it is here where the story of Lydia begins, an emigrant’s tale of a whimsical young woman with a desire for independence and the need to re-invent the world around her.
Told against the backdrop of Latin America at the beginning of the twentieth century, the story of Lydia braids together the old world and the new, with the ocean and the hand of fate that divides them.
Images that accompany the footage downloaded from the celluloid remix site, are the last moving images taken of Marketstreet in San Francisco, before the 1905 earthquake that destroyed almost all the structures depicted in the film.
Voice by Claudio Tapia, recorded in Amsterdam in 2011.
- Publication date:
- 23 April 2012