The renowned propeller for the "Willem Ruys"
- WEBM (352x288, sd 13.9 MB): 01/12/112068.112051.WEEKNUMMER474-H[..].webm
- OGV (384x288, sd 4.9 MB): 01/12/112060.112051.WEEKNUMMER474-HR[..].ogv
- OGV (352x288, hd 12.1 MB): 01/12/112062.112051.WEEKNUMMER474-HR[..].ogv
- MP4 (352x288, sd 14.6 MB): 01/12/112064.112051.WEEKNUMMER474-HR[..].mp4
- MP4 (352x288, hd 27.6 MB): 01/12/112066.112051.WEEKNUMMER474-HR[..].mp4
- MPG (352x288, source 16.9 MB): 01/12/112051.WEEKNUMMER474-HRE0001DBC4.mpg
Week number 47-46
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
At the Lips Scheepsschroevenfabriek (Ship's Propeller Factory) in Drunen a propeller was made for the ship "Willem Ruys", which is berthed in Rotterdam. The transport of the propeller across the Netherlands causes many problems. Transport across the Moerdijk bridge was not allowed. The propeller destroyed a facade during the transport in Zevenbergen. The enormous semi-trailer on which the propeller lies has now been parked in this city for several weeks, waiting for permission to continue the transport. Until this permission is given, the propeller serves a favorite climbing obstacle for the youth and a conversation topic for the adults. After the propeller is allowed to move on the convoy drives out of the city under police escort with lots of spectators watching. In Moerdijkhaven a sheerleg hoists the propeller on a inland navigation vessel that transports it to the Rotterdam harbour. There the propeller is hoisted onto the Wilhelminakade right next to some moored passenger ships.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 26 October 1947