Icebreakers from Amsterdam cross the frozen lake
- WEBM (352x288, sd 33.7 MB): 01/11/111949.111930.WEEKNUMMER400-H[..].webm
- OGV (384x288, sd 9.1 MB): 01/11/111941.111930.WEEKNUMMER400-HR[..].ogv
- OGV (352x288, hd 20.0 MB): 01/11/111943.111930.WEEKNUMMER400-HR[..].ogv
- MP4 (352x288, sd 35.1 MB): 01/11/111945.111930.WEEKNUMMER400-HR[..].mp4
- MP4 (352x288, hd 66.1 MB): 01/11/111947.111930.WEEKNUMMER400-HR[..].mp4
- MPG (352x288, source 41.1 MB): 01/11/111930.WEEKNUMMER400-HRE000157AE.mpg
Week number 40-03
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
The stranding of the IJsselmeer boat "Friesland" (Shipping Company Koppe) in the ice on the IJsselmeer. The boat, which was sailing from Amsterdam to Kampen, was equipped with a so-called Mayer hull and used this to clear the route for itself and other shipping traffic. The "Friesland" would later sink. SHOTS: - "Friesland" sails through a layer of ice on the IJsselmeer and is a.o. followed by a freighter; - people disembark onto the ice; - breaking ice and ice floes (seen from the sailing ship)); - "Friesland" stranded in the ice; - crew disembark and looks at the problems; - crew and passengers of the "Friesland" and the boats following the icebreaker walk across the ice away from the boats, dragging a.o. a lifeboat; - man writes the words "urgent help needed" on the ice ; - single-engined airplane in the air.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 17 January 1940