Largest dock of the continent put back into use
- WEBM (352x288, sd 8.1 MB): 01/08/108720.108703.WEEKNUMMER501-H[..].webm
- OGV (352x288, hd 5.6 MB): 01/08/108714.108703.WEEKNUMMER501-HR[..].ogv
- OGV (384x288, sd 1959.8 kB): 01/08/108712.108703.WEEKNUMMER501-HR[..].ogv
- MP4 (352x288, sd 8.4 MB): 01/08/108716.108703.WEEKNUMMER501-HR[..].mp4
- MP4 (352x288, hd 15.8 MB): 01/08/108718.108703.WEEKNUMMER501-HR[..].mp4
- MPG (352x288, source 9.7 MB): 01/08/108703.WEEKNUMMER501-HRE0000E7FB.mpg
Week number 50-15
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
The largest dock of Europe, the drydock of Wilton-Feyenoord in Rotterdam, has been put back into use after it was restored from the damage from the war. The first ship in the drydock is the "Nieuw Amsterdam". The Minister of Transport, Public Works and Water Management, mr. D.G.W. Spitzen, comes to take a look with his company. SHOTS: - Overall shots of the Rotterdam harbour with moored ships, cranes etc.; - ext. and int. of the dock with ship; Spitzen and company walk along the flanks of the "Nieuw Amsterdam" and leave via the quay after the visit; 00:39 Spitzen (left) en 00:42 (middle).
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 20 March 1950